Sunday, October 25, 2009

Goodbye Sami

Today I lost my little mini foxie Sami to a snake bite. I am so thankful I was not at home when it happened because I really don't think I would have handled it well. Nathan showed me where he and Martin buried Sami, in the shade of a small tree, and told me I had to say "Goodbye"....I will do that when I am ready, but it wasn't today.



Sami was my dog, my little companion and only 16 months old. He loved to sneak up behind me and then jump up with his skinny little "chicken legs" resting on the back of mine. When I sat down, he'd bound up, make himself comfy on my lap and give me the most adoring looks.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ohhhhhhhh I am so sorry to hear about your dog !! Ive lost two of my dogs to snake bites in the last 4 years and its such a terrible thing to happen !
Thinking of you xxx Tina

Wendy said...

I am sitting here with tears running down my face. After losing my precious April to a snake several years ago, I totally feel for you! Big hugs to you, and may Sami's memory live on forever. xxxxxx