Friday, January 13, 2012

My Garden

Today I thought I'd share a few photos of my garden, while it's freshly mown and manicured. Most of it is less than 12 months old. We may as well start the tour at the front gate....

This is the only garden outside the fence. Martin found these big rocks down near our house dam. He suggested planting 3 bougainvilleas there and I decided to add 3 palms as well. Unfortunately the cattle pulled out 2 of the palms, but as soon as it cools off a bit, they'll be replaced. We found the old gate where there used to be a set of yards.










This is my beautiful sandstone fountain...I call her Anastassia....Anna for short. She is totally gorgeous. Water dribbles from the cane basket she's holding. In the pond are several goldfish.

The south side is my tricky area of the garden. In winter this area cops the full brunt of the frosts and doesn't get any sun at all. In summer it gets sun all day...what a contrast! Consequently I've decided to have potted plants out there so I can easily change for them for each season. That tree you can see is the only one my in-laws ever planted when they lived in this house.

























And finally, our front patio area:




Our garden has come a long way in the last 3 years...and one of those was a drought year. We have also planted about 30 trees, whether they be shade trees for fruit trees. I have plans for more.......

I hope you enjoyed your little tour.

Thank you for looking and take care,

No comments: