Thursday, May 14, 2009

More....

Let a man go to a cattle sale and what does he do???? Yep, buys more weaners! There was a special weaner sale in town today with about 4 000 head. Prices were down for lighter weight cattle, which is what we want, so was of benefit to us. Martin bought 43 head - a mix of heifers and steers. Nathan has gone to help truck them home.

My gorgeous neighbour Pauline dropped in with a bunch of roses this afternoon...they are so beautiful. Most of them (all but the white Iceberg and purple Blue Moon) are from the rosebushes I gave her. I knew they'd be happier in the ground and they enjoyed the rains over Easter too!




I discovered a yummy sounding recipe on the ABC yesterday afternoon. It's sounds almost too easy so I shall be forced ;-) to give it a go!

Chocolate Cake in a mug in 5 minutes (serves 2)

4 tablespoons self raising flour
4 tablespoons sugar
1 tablespoon cocoa
1 small egg
3 tablespoons milk
3 tablespoons oil
A few drops vanilla essence
1 large coffee mug


Method:

Place the flour, sugar and cocoa into the coffee mug and mix well.

Add the egg, milk, vanilla and oil and stir with a teaspoon until all combined and smooth.

Place the mug into the centre of the microwave and cook at 1200 watts (high) for 2 and a 1/2 minutes.

The cake will rise up in the mug to cook. Allow to cool a little then tip out and eat while warm




2 comments:

Wendy said...

Hmmmm! I am not sure I should try this - it sounds addictive!!!!!

Kerry said...

I couldn't agree more!