Tuesday, January 5, 2010

SCKC Page Drive 2010

This morning I received an email from Julie Stone looking for support to help create simple pages for the 2010 Southern Cross Kids Camp

Firstly I would like to say Thank so much for your support of the needy and most deserving kids that came to SCKC in 2009 . The pages you donated in 2009 helped us all create books for them that mean more to them than my simple words can ever convey. We have however had the opportunity in late 2009 to start a pilot Club program for some of the local SCKC kids and the most talked about item of camp is their memory albums. In fact across Australia the importance of the 24/7 memory anchoring of the photo books is repeated time after time via case worker, carer, social worker etc, they too find it hard to put into words what these books mean to each child.

I was hoping once again you would be kind enough to help out with basic pages for the memory albums for Kids across Australia who attend Southern Cross Kids Camps in 2010. These may be repeat campers and or new campers, new little sad souls who will benefit from our combined showing of unconditional love.

We need lots of pages again, especially pages that would suit boys or even both genders. Simple 6 x 6 pages are required with minimal stickers or embellishments. Often a set of 20 pages with a simple row of circles or triangles or a strip of patterned paper combined with a photo mat ends up looking amazing when the photos are placed along with journaling and stickers provided to the buddy's who assemble the books. I have attached a few simple examples from last years contributions. Also the link to my original request for pages to give you or your friends a reminder of what SCKC is all about.http://juliestone.typepad.com/crazycaterpillar_/2008/02/sckcany-chance.html

Their website is http://www.sckc.org.au/index.php?id=4 to read some of the kids stories or check out what SCKC are all about.

If you are able to help us out please email me with your "I am in" reply and I will send out more detailed specs, if you are unable to help us out please let every scrapper you know via email, blog, face book etc that the SCKC Page drive for 2010 is on. Pages to fulfill the 2010 camps will be needed by Feb 20th. I may be a tad slow in reply with the details as we are heading away on wed the 6th but I will do everything I can to get back to you asap.

I hope your answer will be a resounding yes and on behalf of the kids of SCKC I say a huge THANKS in advance.


If you are able to offer support, Julie would love to hear from you.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Im in !! This is just great !! Ive just emailed Julie for more Info and I'll make a post on my blog as well !!
xx Tina

Taryn said...

I'm in. Did 20 this afternoon with the kids helping me. Have enlisted Kim too.