Sunday, December 12, 2010

Road Party




Imagine....a party on the side of the road in the middle of nowhere. That's what we do every year when a family from a property on our road hosts the road party and we have put our hands up this year.

I often wonder what passersby think as they see us partying away!

I wrote a little verse for our invitation:
Driving through the bush
In a muddy 4WD
Down the road we go
Dodging kangaroos
The night is bright and clear
Not a storm cloud is in sight
It's party time and we have got
Repellant, beer and chairs!

Come to ______, Party time
Celebrate with friends
Christmas party on the _______Road
On a bright and starry night.


The date of our party will be determined by the weather and so on the invitation we have written:

When: One bright and starry night when the creeks are down(so please be ready at short notice!)

1 comment:

sandra said...

LOL
now that sounds like my kind of party!!!
Thanks for your lovely comment on my blog Kerry I really appreciate it and so glad that I found yours!
love your blog!!
have fun at the party...I hope the rain stops for awhile :-(
and you all get to kick your boots up!!
thanks again
xx